Ismail Bhai Ka Pathha

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Tagged!!

Ravi tagged me and tells me that I am supposed to write down 10 things about myself no one here knows about.

1. My family originally belongs to Gujrat district in West Punjab. They moved over to this side in March '47.

2. My childhood hero was Kapil Dev and I actually used to pray to god that I become like him when I grow up. I myself don't remember any of this, but whenever I go to attend marriage of a far-off cousin, some relative, whom I have never met before comes up and asks me, "Kaise ho Kapil Dev?" which is a sure sign that it's my brother who's been spreading all these stories.

3. All the women in my life (read my mother and my aunt) think I am the most boring person in the world.

4. At one point of time (in Class VIII), my favorite actor (?) was Shahrukh Khan. Phew!! I cannot be more frank than this. It took me 15 minutes to decide whether to write it or not. But I can justify this. He was the favorite actor of the best-looking female I have known in my life. And the only girl I have flirted (by a 12-year old's standards, yes I was flirting) with. She actually ran away with a class XII guy. Sigh

5. First movie I saw in a cinema hall was Rahul Roy's Junoon (don't go by the rating) with older boys of the colony. They actually managed to squeeze me in without buying a ticket. And when the usher came with his torch, they made me go under the seat. Adding to the fear factor of the movie were the rats running around in the hall.

6. Have a recurring dream in which I am falling down from a mountain. Very Nice!

7. Used to be a very innocent kid at school. Didn't understand what my friends meant when one of them said, "Maine aaj USA dekha" and the others asked, "Kiska?"

8. Would like to be remembered as a nasty person after I am gone. Have been unsuccessful so far in building this reputation barring a few exceptions.

9. Hate ostentatiousness. Guess that's contradictory to me being a Punjabi.

10. I find tagging to be a stupid concept. So, I won't take it further.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home